Monday, September 23, 2013

Well....I guess I'm back!


5 months.....


Yup....just looked through my last entry in the blogosphere and it was 5 bloody months ago since I last updated anything run-worthy.

Well....I was planning to let the blog die a natural-forgotten-past-expiry-date death....and perhaps in the distant future when I'm old and decrepit, I may lounge under the sun reminiscing the good ol' days of blogging.
Yeah....that was a pretty decent plan.

Truth be told...Doc-on-the-run hasn't been doing much of running of late....

She has been Doc-on-the-bike.....
Doc-on-the-hike....
Doc-with-injured-knee....
Doc-laying-by-the-beach....
Doc-getting-annoyed-with-her-thesis....
Doc-too-busy-to-remember-to-eat....

.......and about a month ago, Doc-with-broken-finger-thanks-to-drafting-on-bike.

So she has been just about everything except Doc-on-the-run.

I figured since there wasn't much running....thus nothing much to blog about.

I also came to the conclusion most people did not want to hear me whine about work and some other woe-is-me issue that I made a mountain out of what was originally a small speck of molehill.



....but after dinner with Daryl (whom I shall from now onward refer to as Mr. Connecting-the-dots), who somehow convinced me that there are people out there (oh dear Lord, you actually like reading about my "issues"!?!?!?) who are keen to be on the update on my nonsensical verbal diarrhea online.

Well....whoever you are....I feel for you. No, really....I do.


Anyway....I was also pondering about restarting blogging.....mainly because of the recent TMBT race (took place 2 weeks ago) and some thoughts I'd like to share regarding the race itself....and my decision to DNF.
There were also certain stuff that I thought would be helpful in general (more like info-sharing) and some funny anecdotes here and there that I sometimes missed blogging about.
And as annoying as it was, I really really wanted to blog about my broken finger....well, technically my once-upon-a-time broken finger.
It's nicely healed and I've finally (after weeks of agonizing and persistent physiotherapy on my part) achieved full range of movement! (not to mention a new perspective on appreciativeness on all my intact body parts)


So I figured the conversation I just had with Mr. Connecting-the-dots over dinner a while ago was exactly the push I need for the restarting.
(of course I'll need a little revamping of appearances and clearing off the junk/spam comments on a lot of the posts.....THEN I'll get back to proper re-blogging)

....so yes.....I guess I'm back....



Later!!!!



2 comments:

Sue's Ramblings said...

Welcome back! Really do want to hear about TMBT....and your finger of course!

Cornelius said...

Well, it's about time! haha!

I'm eager to know more about your most recent TMBT adventure. We have had horrible weather in the days leading up to the race, and I remember thinking that TMBT this year is shaping up to be an epic challenge! Not that I thought that would deter people from participating anyway. You just have to experience it to believe it!

But let's hear it from you, doc. I'm all ears!