Sunday, January 6, 2013

Omigod...izzit 2013 already!?!?!?!


I remembered a couple of weeks ago, someone was telling me that I didn't really need to update my blog anymore coz as of the last week of December 2012, the world would end and therefore there will be no one left post apocalypse to read my blog postings.

Good point.

After all.....I've been staring at the template for my write up about Penang Bridge Marathon for quite a while without knowing exactly what to write....except for the fact that I was hugely regretting for agreeing to run that race and swearing profanities that I'd never do it again in 2013.

......of course it also dawned on me that I've completed that race on the basis that I paid for it and I will bloody hell get my finisher's T on my own credit.

Then I figured that I should at least blog about my Osaka race before some  catastrophe wipes out the entire human race so someone somewhere would have read it before heading off to meet the Maker.

Of course that didn't quite happen either as I also sat staring at the computer screen while the words to describe the euphoria that is running in Japan failed to come forth. Damn you, writer's block!!!!

My last attempt to spruce up the blog with one last posting before the world voids itself of computers and technology (coz I'm sure post-apocalypse, there won't be actual electricity to run any computers....unless the great powers of the world have been secretly prepping for such a day and have a secret underground lab somewhere fully functional to revive the great homosapien species) by attempting to blog about my Broga ride event.....which my quads till this very day have yet to fully recover from.....but I'm sure you'd know how that blogging attempt went down....

And now I wake up.....its about a week into 2013....and I'm half certain for sure that the Doomsday preppers were sorta wrong....and I figured that I better post my 2 cents worth.....

......and reflect back on the year that was 2012.


I didn't exactly have any significant enlightenment in 2012.....besides the fact that I still crave endorphins and I still don't like the numbers on the scale budging upwards.
(don't bother asking me what my 2013 resolutions are.....I haven't gotten the time to get that done yet...aside from losing weight, which by the way since its a yearly goal which never transpire, making it less of a resolution but more of a reminder)

I'll always remember 2012 as the year I discovered Bikram Yoga.....and the fact that I can withstand quite a fair amount of heat.
After some con-job shit that happened with True Fitness/Bikram Yoga.....I was left in a lurch and found myself crawling back to my old haunt that was endurance sport.
Yea sure I can't run or bike any faster than I did a year ago.....but the fact that I still crave it amazes me to no end....coz I was the sort of person that falls in and out of love with these sorta novelties.

2012 was also the year I discovered trail running.
And I'd like to attribute this to the fact that I signed up for TMBT 50km.
(which somehow led me to believe that I could conquer any hill or mountain and that led me to signing up for HK100 which, by the way is 2 weeks from today)
I'm....erm....also signed up for TMBT 100km for 2013.....perhaps the Mayans were wrong and the world would end in December THIS year instead....I'd like to go meet my Maker with another 100km race under the belt.




I figured it would be a great conversation starter (not to mention bragging rights) when I find myself in heaven/purgatory/hell (pick one that is appropriate when the world ends). Eternity is a very long time, after all......

Oooh.....I almost forgot....2012 was the year that I finally upgraded Tobias for Dylan!!!!
Don't get me wrong...I still am very much in love with Tobias. They say it's something you'd always feel for your first love. But Dylan.....*palpitation*......he's all carbon and Ultegra group set that makes you wanna go faster for longer.....even though my legs aren't built for faster or longer on bike.




Y'know....I'm sure there were a lot more things that happened in 2012 that were rather significant but on this lazy Sunday morning....it is just not coming to mind....(kinda like me and my blog postings about Penang Bridge/Osaka/Broga events)

.....but on the upside, when it does pop up in my fickle mind.....at least then I'd have something to blog about.

In the meantime....happy new year (albeit a bit late...but better late then never!) and happy birthday month to me!!!!!! (yes...I'm that "special" that I need a whole month and not just a freakin day)



Later!!!!!






4 comments:

TriStupe said...

But stilll...where is PBIM and Osaka Race Report?

Puisan said...

wait la....once i get over writer's block....i'm sure it'll progress past "....I regretted agreeing to this race..."

KAM said...

Wow, good job in your 2012 events! One of the very few ladies that I know who already into that trail/ultra distance..tabik spring to you !! hehe

Cornelius said...

Craving endorphins, huh? Well, you will get a hell lot of it next weekend...in fact, maybe an overdose of it!

So, I suppose there is no use asking if you are ready, huh? Will there ever be a time when any of us feel READY for a race?