Thursday run: 10km @ 1:08:11
In my "VIBRAM"!!!!
Yup...finally did my 10km in them.
I didn't want to plaster my feet like I did previously.
Instead, I generously applied lip balm (I left BOTH bottles of BodyShield back in KL....I know, duh!!) around the edges of my feet and wherever I guessed I'd probably suffer from chafing/blister during and/or post run.
And thankfully it worked!!!
I ran with Wendy today.
I didn't even think about running the 10km route.
Was just hoping to get through the 7km loop in my 'VFF' without a hitch.
But as we ran, Wendy suggested to go the full monty and run 10km instead.
Since my feet weren't in pain....I figured it'll get me my original VFF sooner that way.
Although I could still feel the inseams against my skin, it didn't automatically exploded into full blown ulcerated skin lesion like the first time running in them.
I think the lip balm must have helped.....(and if you're interested, it was the lippy balm from Body Shop...in Tangerine flavour!)
And I kinda like feeling the ground right underneath my feet.
Running over stonier areas felt like my foot going through reflexology.
And I do think that running in such a minimally supported footwear, it forces you to go as forefoot as you possibly can.
It also forces you to run with higher cadence.....(there might be a proper word to what I'm trying to describe but I just can't be bothered to think of it right now)
And because you're running on higher cadence, I feel that it helps me run slightly faster.
That....or Wendy has really been slacking in her training post full marathon.
Post-run....my legs feel fine.
My knees feel fine. My hips feel fine. Everything except the second toe of both feet hurt.
I blame the fact that my second toe is longer than the first toe on both feet.
Now considering wearing them at Shape Night Run this Saturday.
And currently searching high and low for the black running skirt that I wanted Khairul to wear on this Saturday's race!! Darn it......why can't I find it when I actually am looking for it?!
Bloody Murphy's Law.....
* KD bought me my "congratulations-you-have-completed-a-triathlon" cupcakes!!! Thanks babe!! That, my friend....is 13 years of friendship!!!
* Anita, Aiza and KD @ KLCC......for your info, we are there AFTER WORKING HOURS!!!!! Really!!! Damn it...why won't anyone believe me?!
* Mich and I at Citrus Restaurant for Elly Lilly sponsored drug-talk dinner. We got there late and by the time we settled into our seats, the talk was coming to an end. I wasn't quite sure what the topic was but I'm rather certain that it had something to do with Olanzepine!
* The asparagus and duck soup. I think the bread was the best part of the dish! I'm old-school, y'see. Ain't very good with all the fusion-edible-whatever!!
* Waited forever for my lamb stew to be set in front of me. I'm not sure if all the waiting was worth it. The lamb however, was rather tender. Suddenly I felt like I've should have gone for the salmon instead....sigh!
* Dessert!!!!!!! I LIVE for dessert!!!! And seriously....their mudcake is DA BOMB!!!!
Thank goodness I ran 10km to justify the mortal sin of gluttony.
Gosh...I'm never going to Heaven this way!!!