Thursday workout: NIL (I need a rest...I'm inching near being burnt-out)
Went to court again today with Dr Ruby and the current forensic psych team.....in Georgetown, Penang.
I don't know about you guys, but whenever I picture Penang island, I picture HOLIDAY!!!
So it's kinda weird that we're heading there for work.
But then again, work and leisure can go hand in hand....and I'm kinda skipping (actual) work today, in a way, by following the head honcho for another 302 case.
Anyway, without revealing much (I'm not even sure what I can or cannot say...but I've learnt enough in this institution to always NOT say much.....but some can argue I'm not learning fast enough in this "don't-say-too-much" lesson).....the case was, of course a 302 which is first degree murder and the person in question was diagnosed to Major Depression, which I guess qualifies as a defense in court.
But it always is such a major discomfort in the anal region when the judge turns out to be very rigid in thinking and brushes off depression as something as trivial as teenage girls throwing a hissy fit when daddy refuses them the Amex...(no, not a personal experience obviously!)
For crying out loud...you're a judge.
The government pays you enough to at least check up on the DSM-IV or ICD-10 criteria for Major Depressive Disorder!!! (my parents did not pay taxes to fund your salary so you could criticize psychiatry blindly)
And for heaven's sake...you having to do your taxes does NOT qualify you to be having depression!!! (He actually said that.....I wanted to throw my shoe at him for belittling the same illness I'm medicated for)
It's amazing how some people can be that daft and still hold high positions in life.
* Only in this hospital that anyone other than the director of hospital wears batik to work on a Thursday.
Some high ranking idiot in the government decided to make every Thursday the 'Wear-Batik-to-Work-Day'.....in arguments that we should appreciate our heritage/culture/art/whatever. This probably makes some batik factory/boutique owner, somewhere, very happy. Honestly, I don't even know if Red Turban wears batik on Thursdays or not.
Why don't just some idiot again propose that Friday be a 'Wear-Sports-Outfit-Day'.....at least we can argue that it could prep some overweight government official to start exercising!
* Georgetown High Court (2)...upstairs.
* This building reeks of "heritage"!!!! Penang does quite a good job of blending the old with the new.
* Yes...try and pretend that we're extremely engaged in the conversations going on around us.
* I only managed this picture during the lunch break. I don't know if it's wrong to be taking a picture in the court (most like it is) but I am not exactly waiting around to find out which Section of the Penal Code I could be charged under for doing so!
* Walking from the court house to find lunch.
* Somehow we ended up at some deserted food court with this shop.
* Pasembur....doesn't taste as weird as it looks. Actually was pretty decent!! Am thoroughly surprised.
* The current PERMANENT forensic psych medical officers. It's amazing we have yet to jump off a cliff still.
Flying to Kota Kinabalu this Saturday for the marathon.
Taking Friday until next Wednesday off.
I'm utilizing my 'Hazard-leave'.....coz y'know......this mental institution thing is ruining my mental health.....oh, the irony.