It was a great 24 hours of work. In fact I think I spent almost 12 hours of the 24 staring at the ceiling.
Unfortunately as I was perpetually staring....I realized that I wasn't quite sleeping.
So when 8am rolled around, I'm all ready for the run but my body wasn't that keen.
And the sun was in it's full blazing glory.
....and you guys know what a "sun-fan" I am....
So I only managed a 5km....and half the distance, I was walking in a partially zombified state.
I figured I must have fitted in pretty well, mental state wise, with everyone else in the hospital.
Anyway I came home, tired...but couldn't fall asleep.
Did laundry.....re-painted toe nails to hide my black toe nail of left big toe...(a souvenir of Singapore Marathon and my Brooks Ravenna!)....contemplated on cleaning the apartment but was a tad bit lazy to bother....checked my emails.....snack on yogurt....
But mind still bouncing around like a freakin rabbit on heat.
In the end decided what I really needed to do on this extremely hot Sunday afternoon is to go SHOE SHOPPING!!!! (and I hear the angels singing on high!)
And since Michelle is on call today (we're taking turns being guardians of the mad), Kavetha came to fill the partner-in-crime spot. And honestly, Michelle ain't that huge on sport shoe shopping anyway....
Now will let the pictures (I figured this blog needs more unnecessary snapshots of myself and the people that I willingly let into my life to entertain me....I think they are also called friends) tell the short story of our shoe shopping adventure.
* Kave picked me up in her spanking new pick-up truck!!! If I knew she was driving this bad-arse vehicle, I wouldn't have worn my running skirt. It wasn't too lady-like climbing into this car in my skirt.....at least not ME!
* Luckily I'm not the one with shoe-shopping on the outing agenda. Kave's up for a dressy going out shoe. After spending a fortune on 5 pairs over the holiday season, I'm OUT for dressy shoes....but goodness the shoes at this shoe was so pretty!!! Thankfully, the ones that I wanted were out of my size....(btw, it's size 38!).....I swear, I could hear my wallet and credit card sighing simultaneously in relief!
* Kave's new pair of shoes!!! So now we just need to go out more to utilize those shoes and to lower our cost-per-wear (our theory of "cheapness" in the long run...we LOVE this theory!)
* I'm all ready to try on new runners! You like my new varnish? I'm so sick of the gothic navy I was sporting for past fortnight to hide the black toe nail....which btw, it's getting a bit loose and am expecting it to fall off by next week.
* Always bring own socks. I find that some sport shops provide the thickest and most awkward looking socks for you to try your shoes with. And not exactly the most attractive way to obtain a funky fungal foot infection.....NOT ON!!! While waiting for the nice sales lady, who has no idea the difference between a stability and motion control shoe, to bring out my shoe size, I came to realize that this pair of socks was bought from Melbourne exactly one year ago!!!
Why don't I wear down my socks like I do my shoes? Hmm...perhaps I need to start washing them a bit more often than I do now....erm, you pretend you didn't read the prior statement!
* It came down to a battle of Brooks Launch and Brooks Ghost. I LOVE the Launch's colour. Definitely easy for people to spot you while running. And it's a little softer than the Ghost. The Ghost on the other hand had a more common "feminine" colour which probably blends well with everyone else's runners...and it was a little stiffer than the Launch....
But it was a lot cheaper! In fact, Ghost was the last pair in size US9 (I prefer US8.5 but they didn't carry that size in this particular shop) so it's like a 100 bucks off the usual price!!!!
Anyway....I figured this girl needs a little stiffness in her life at the moment (erm, maybe that sounded a little offensive...but it's my blog so who cares!) and since the wallet still hasn't quite recovered from it's near cardiac arrest from previous shoe shopping outings, I'd go for the Ghost!!!
* Yup.....I feel a lot happier now. Perhaps now I can finally get some shut eye!!!
And yes...I also need to get a hair cut since CNY is rolling by closer than ever!!!
I so can't wait to take my new shoes out for a run tomorrow morning. Did I mention I'm on call working 35 hours straight tomorrow?! Yes.....now YOU be thankful this isn't YOUR life!
Gotta run.....after hours of contemplation, I've decided I need to clean the apartment.