For me, not any sneakers or running shoes (gawks!!)....
Not my well worn-in, ran in mud/puddle-of-water-repeatedly old pair of Nike Pegasus.
*my old beat up Nike......we had some really good times didn't we.....
Yup...not even my current favourite, Asics 2130.
Nope....not Crocs....(although I do have to say, they are the most comfortable work shoes I have....YES, I wear Crocs to work! What's ur problem?!)
Nope....not those fancy-schmancy fashionable heels from one of those popular shoe retail outlets (well....obviously!!!)
Nope....not those pricey Hush Puppies that mom loves or Clark's that dad usually favours....
Not even those pair of exclusive high-end designer brands that cost 1/3 of puny salary!!!!
What...no guesses at all??!!!!!
Sigh....you people are so unimaginative!!!
The most comfortable footwear EVER on this planet is....
HAVAIANAS flip flops!!!!! WooHooooO!!!!!!!
*My lovely (albeit a little dirty) green Havaianas!!!
Let me count the ways how this simple yet extremely lovable footwear can be my MOST ideal thing to put my aching feet in....
1. It is unpretentious!!! Most people don't even look twice at it. Yet it is such an essential part of my footwear rotation!
2. It is colourful! I LOVE colour! I have it in green, peach, bright pink, yellow...I have a pair of white ones that I have not worn yet and I've just thrown out an aquamarine one....(RIP....You have served these feet well!)
3. You can chill out in them....go shopping in them....go to an anniversary dinner in them (Love you guys, mom & dad!)...travel in them.....and heck, you can even run in them!!!!
Yes it is true! I've chased down many trams in my trusty Havaianas flip flops while in Melbourne on holiday! (good times!!!) Very light...just like lightweight racing flats!
4. They are the only thing my feet begs for post race!!! It lets my poor, worn out feet breathes and praise the heavens that they aren't still stuck in those smelly running shoes!
5. In my little world, it's always in fashion! (who cares what Vogue says!) Imagine how much I save on footwear.....which by the way, is necessary since I tend to spend quite a bit on running shoes!
So all hail Havaianas flip-flops!!!
Disclaimer: I'm actually not paid or rewarded in any way possible, to say such nice and fabulous things about this particular brand of flip-flop. This post was developed as my homage to such an "iconic" yet severely underrated footwear that has blessed my feet with many MANY good hours of walking/running/trudging etc. (Feel free to gag!!!!)